I'd love to see the West End and Soho. I love the arts and the shopping. I'd also absolutely adore to visit the London Street Markets!!
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
Getting out of bed!! I seem to be having a difficult time getting over my extended hospital stay and truly worried about something else being wrong. But other than that....I'm doing great!
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
A marinated veggie tray with some cold cuts and a salad. It just seems to hit the spot. Sometimes I will add whatever fresh fruit is in season. Like right now, the peaches and the grapes are sublime!
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse?'
Welllllll....... right after I got out of the hospital....(after being told I couldn't smoke anymore).... I was sharing a cigarette with one of my best friends...and dad caught me. I'm almost 43 years old and I got "busted" for smoking a cigarette. He was definitely NOT a happy camper. He even "peached" on me on Facebook!
5. What television commercial do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
Those "Enzyte" commercials with "smiling Bob" and his "appreciative wife". How an herbal supplement can enlarge a man's penis and make his wife "extremely happy" and the neighbors jealous is beyond me. Wikipedia states that the founder and his grandmother were convicted on criminal charges and they went bankrupt after collecting some $400 million dollars from the gullible consumers. Be very careful if you decide to try a "miracle drug" from t.v.
6. Share one interesting piece of news from the year you were born.
May 15, 1969 – An American teenager known as 'Robert R.' dies in St. Louis, Missouri, of a baffling medical condition. In 1984 it will be identified as the first confirmed case of HIV/AIDS in North America. July 4 – Michael Mageau and Darlene Ferrin are shot at Blue Rock Springs in California. They are the second (known) victims of the Zodiac Killer. Mageau survives the attack while Ferrin was pronounced dead-on-arrival at Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Richmond. 1969 was a year full of the "WOW" type of news.
7. What's the best part of your average day?
The best part of my average day is enjoying a favorite cup of coffee and some fresh zucchini bread. Folks have been giving me zucchini after zucchini from their gardens in exchange for me making them my special zucchini bread. *the recipe calls for 3C of zucchini, but I substitute 2C of it with 1C of shredded apple and 1C of shredded carrots.*
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Until you've lived my life and had my experiences, don't judge me. There are reasons why I do what I do and I am who I am.