1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'? Someone who will stand up for their beliefs, religion, family, friends, and country.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'? Waiting to be able to organize and put my very first craft room together and make it functional. At the moment, the room that was supposed to be my craft room has current tenants.....
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18? Flying through the air at about 35mph headfirst into a telephone pole. =P
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up? Would definitely be the mashed potatoes. I'm not big on any of the others.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced? Just before Halloween one year, I rode on the back of a motorcycle from Albuquerque to Colorado Springs (about a 9-10 hour drive). By the time we got to the border, at Raton Pass, we stopped at McDonalds to warm up. I was so frozen that I needed assistance to get off the bike.
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve? My favorite dish to prepare is French Toast. I add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the mix and I use only Texas Toast. Then just before serving, I sprinkle with powdered sugar. yummmm, making me hungry now....
7. How do you combat negative thinking? I look at all the hate, violence, wars, divorce, hunger, homelessness, and neglect that goes on in the world, and it reminds me that my life isn't that bad, that it could always get worse.
8. Insert your own random thought here. "To know that life is endless, puts new purpose in our days, and fills our hearts with joyous songs of hope and love and praise." Helen Steiner Rice.