Welcome!

Hi there! My name is Kelly. I'm a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 14 now! I've lived all over the country and even in Hawaii. Right now, I'm currently in Southeast Missouri. Throughout my adult life, I've wanted to find a forum of some sort that encourages other Christian women. I've found wonderful craft blogs, weight loss sites, motherhood sites, book clubs, etc. So I am going to try my hand at a blog that contains a little bit of everything. Grab a cup of coffee and let's chat!!

Contact me by email at coffeecupchristianity@gmail.com or at urlinia@yahoo.com

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday 13 with Joyce

Sounds from my childhood:

1.  Coal train tooting it's whistle.
2.  Boblo Boat (the ferry that took us to Boblo Island, an amusement park on a Canadian Island in the middle of the Detroit river).
3.  The Faygo theme song!  Recorded on the Boblo Boat!  Faygo Pop theme song
4.  The roller coasters and the amusement park sounds from Cedar Point, OH!! Good times!
          Cedar Point is a 364-acre amusement park located on a Lake Erie peninsula in Sandusky, Ohio, United States. Opened in 1870, it is the second-oldest operating amusement park in the United States behind Lake Compounce.
5.  Nature sounds from Bambi Lake Baptist Retreat in Roscommon, MI.
6.  My granddaddy snoring.
7.  The craa-aa-aack of a baseball bat hitting the ball on Opening Day in Tiger Stadium.
8.  Ernie Harwell, Tigers Baseball announcer.
9.  The sound of the whippoorwills, at night, while sitting on my great aunt Myrtle's place in Greenfield, TN.
10. The sound of a Gordie Howe hat trick during a Red Wings hockey game.  A Gordie Howe hat trick is when one player scores a goal, notches an assist and gets into a fight all in the same game (a natural Gordie Howe hat trick occurs when a player does all three in one period).

No comments: