Welcome!

Hi there! My name is Kelly. I'm a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 14 now! I've lived all over the country and even in Hawaii. Right now, I'm currently in Southeast Missouri. Throughout my adult life, I've wanted to find a forum of some sort that encourages other Christian women. I've found wonderful craft blogs, weight loss sites, motherhood sites, book clubs, etc. So I am going to try my hand at a blog that contains a little bit of everything. Grab a cup of coffee and let's chat!!

Contact me by email at coffeecupchristianity@gmail.com or at urlinia@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes

My ex-husband kidnapped my two youngest children, my daughter was four and my son was almost two. It took almost three years to get them back. So I missed a lot of milestones. When they were returned, there was much damage control that needed to be accomplished. One of our first trips was camping on Current River, in Doniphan, MO. We got to the campsite late, I was beyond stressed trying to make everything perfect, the two youngest were arguing with the two oldest, and by 11:00pm I still didn't have the tent up.
I lost my temper and yelled at them and threatened that if they didn't knock it off, they would be sleeping in the woods!! Although they calmed down and waited for me to finish, I felt horrible.
The next morning, my youngest, my son came out of the tent as I was preparing breakfast for them and came over to me and gave me a big hug. He told me, "Mom, you seemed to be having a hard time last night so I prayed for you."
It was a simple statement and yet so profound at the same time. He was just four years old and in one sentence, had me on my knees, hugging him and crying.
The Lord blesses through hardships and diversity and my son reminded me of that on that one June morning.  This is my son, Stephen at the age of nineteen. 

No comments: