Welcome!

Hi there! My name is Kelly. I'm a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 14 now! I've lived all over the country and even in Hawaii. Right now, I'm currently in Southeast Missouri. Throughout my adult life, I've wanted to find a forum of some sort that encourages other Christian women. I've found wonderful craft blogs, weight loss sites, motherhood sites, book clubs, etc. So I am going to try my hand at a blog that contains a little bit of everything. Grab a cup of coffee and let's chat!!

Contact me by email at coffeecupchristianity@gmail.com or at urlinia@yahoo.com

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

HodgePodge Vol 87

1.  101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you want to accomplish or do in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?

Finish condensing my storage unit to fit on a few shelves in my garage!! (Yes, it's taking some very creative thinking!)

2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be run by remote control?
 
There are 6 remotes that I can think of...1 for my air conditioner, 1 for garage, 2 for living room tv, and 2 for my bedroom tv.  (I've never been able to get a Universal remote to cover the garage or the air conditioner....so until they come out with one that might even do the dishes for me, I'll stick to my separate remotes.   I wish I had a remote control with only one button on it.... MUTE .... so I can silence the neighbors dogs at 5:30 in the morning.

3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
 
"Having it all", to me, means all of my children and grandchildren in the same state so that all the grandchildren can grow up together.  I grew up in a fairly large family.  Getting together on the holidays was always chaos, but it is the heart and soul of who I am.  I want that for my children and their children.  Is it attainable? .... Well, it would be if it wasn't against the law for me to tie my children down so they don't move away.... Ok, I know....they must spread their wings and learn life on their own now... but it doesn't mean I have to like it....

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack? 
 
Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the current version of Phantom of the Opera.

5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop?
 
One of the best views that come to mind is spending the night in Hollywood, California with my friends and renting a hotel on Sunset Strip, just to say we did it.  Hollywood at night, from the rooftops of a hotel....That was pretty amazing!

6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
 
The record breaking heat...causing droughts...(in essence, doing away with most water sources that allows mosquitoes to breed)...and not being able to sit out in my backyard because of it.  Makes me feel like I'm living in a Convection oven...I lived in the Mojave Desert for 8 years, it wasn't nothing compared to this soup we have to breathe every day!  Where's the snow when you REALLY need it?

7. Our weekly Hodgepodge lands on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.
 
Stayed out of the hospital for once!
 
8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
There are 3 things in life you need: Fortitude, Tenacity and Guts. Fortitude to stand, no matter what, Tenacity to stick with it and Guts to deal with whatever is in front of you.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I forgot about Phantom of the Opera. I always think of it as a play but that might be my favorite all time soundtrack.

I too would love to have my kids within arms reach. Or at least within a 2 hour drive of us! We do all pile together with extended family for holidays still...it's getting trickier with kids growing up but we all try our hardest to make it happen.

Nani said...

At least Bella won't move away!

I don't like the drought or how terrible the flowers look this year, although I did have one glad that stubbornly bloomed. But for me, I'd rather be out in record heat than record cold. Of course for us housebound record heat is record Ac! I think I'm colder now than I was last winter!

You're my source for recharging those 3 things! Thanks and I love you, Kel!